Spaghetti & garlic meatballs Recipe
Chef Mike Darracott
Ingredients for meatballs
2 medium eggs
2 tsp water
500g of minced pork sausage meat
1/2 kg best beef mince
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tsp of coriander powder
1/2 tsp paprika
90g fresh breadcrumbs
ground black pepper to taste
4 tsp of vegetable or olive oil
400 g of spaghetti boiled in water with a pinch of salt
Ingredients for the sauce
1 tsp oregano powder
3 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
3 garlic cloves crushed
salt and black pepper to taste
3 x 400g cans of chopped tomato's
115 ml white or red grape juice
4 tbsp caster sugar
Method for spaghetti
Take 400 g of spaghetti and cover with water by 2cm and add pinch of salt, bring to the boil drop back to a simmer until soft and cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes, and drain just before serving.
Method for the meatballs
preheat your oven to 220C - 425f - gas mark 7
(1) Put the sausage meat into a bowl, next add the onion, mince beef, bread crumbs, eggs, water, coriander, paprika, and pepper.
(2) Now mix the mixture together very well, for at least 2 minutes.
(3) Next we make 44 equal half the size of say a golf ball, balls ( approx )
Method for sauce
(1) Heat your oil up in a frying pan, add the chopped tomato's - sugar - garlic - grape juice - powder- salt and black pepper to taste
(2) Now cook on a simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally, then add the meatballs to the pan and cook for a further 12 minutes stirring the balls around from time to time.
(3) Now place the drained rewarmed spaghetti divided between 4 plates followed with the meatballs in sauce, onto 4 plates.
Serves 4 people
Serving suggestions: Serve with crusty bread or sliced bread, or what ever you feel like.
Enjoy Chef Mike